Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Any ways to make a super pet my first home more interesting to my rats?

heres a pic http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p46/j鈥?/a>


SO any ideas, I need some to make my rats more happy


ThanksAny ways to make a super pet my first home more interesting to my rats?
It's easy to make a lot of home made stuff yourself, plus it is cheap and easy to replace when they chew or pee on them. Hammocks are always good, just take a rectangle of polar fleece and cut a slit into each corner, making two strips you can tie together around the bars. They love toilet paper tubes to chew on and cardboard boxes to nest in. PVC pipe makes a good tunnel and you can even get a bunch and connect them together. Bird toys are great for rats too, there are some wooden play areas at most pet stores that you put together yourself and they are kind of like a jungle gym, my rats love theirs.





For more information about rat care including fun things to do with your rats please visit my website at http://careguide.evergreenrattery.com or feel free to email or IM me by clicking the link in my user profile. Good luck with your rats!Any ways to make a super pet my first home more interesting to my rats?
Thats a really cool cage and what is great about it is that it comes with lots of ledges and climbing space to keep your ratties occupied.





The only thing I can think of is to make sure that you have someplace for them to hide, like an igloo and hammocks.





Out of most of the time spent in their cages, my rats love to be in their hammocks. You can purchase them at most pet stores and they are usually labeled for Ferrets, but your rats will appreciate them just as much. You can also make them yourself as long as you use a material that doesn't snag like polar fleece.





Other than those two items, you are good to go! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment