Sunday, February 7, 2010

Would it be okay to feed dog food to my rats?

I just now refilled their food bowl and mixed some carrots and lettuce along with their regular food and ppl keep saying that dog and cat food is good for them to.Would it be okay to feed dog food to my rats?
We give our rats vegetarian dog kibble along with their whole grains. The kibble makes up about 20% of their dry food. Rats have a relatively low protein requirement %26amp; too much can cause skin problems or other things so I wouldn't suggest using cat food @ all.


Our local breeder %26amp; a rescue where we've adopted several rats from both use dog food as part of their rats' diet. We use the vegetarian kind b/c we happen to be vegetarian, Also, I've noticed that rats who eat meat have significantly smellier poop than veggie rats-- whenever we've adopted from the rescue or breeder our new rats would have really pungeant droppings for the 1st few weeks.


If you give your rats canned dog food, remove whatever they don't eat quickly so it doesn't go bad.Would it be okay to feed dog food to my rats?
You can, in moderation with their regular diet, but there's better formulated feed for your pet rat, including natural fruits and vegetables that are far less expensive and better form them. Check site below for info on rat diets and care.
yes because I buy my rat food from the local pet store and they have always put dog food in it (dry food) and my rats are healthy, never been sick or anything and all the rats I have had in the past have been healthy and lived long, happy lives.
Not plain but a little added to their food. Like their mix.
NO NO NO!
They are rats, so yea that won't hurt them!
I think it would be OK

No comments:

Post a Comment