Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My two male rats are fighting, what should I do?

I have two male rats who are brothers. I got them together and I've had them for about 3 months. They seemed fine but within the last month, they've started to fight. Just now, I picked up one of them and he had a wound near his belly that was bleeding. I'm not sure what to do, help?My two male rats are fighting, what should I do?
Males can be very territorial, and fight for dominance. How large is the cage(adult males need at least 2 cubic feet per rat)? If the cage is too small, this could be causing the problem.My two male rats are fighting, what should I do?
male rats usaully fite over dominance. when they're younger they arent as big of threats, especially as brothers. but when they get older, even brothers can fite. you should prob seperate them. and whatever you do DONT GET A FEMALE becuzz they'll fite to the death over her
Dont worry, my dads rats do it all the time. It can mean 2 things. 1 . they were grooming each other and one accidenly bit the other one and the other one got mad. 2 . they are playfighting. Its nothin` 2 worry about. just say NO and if they keep doing it seperate them. : )
If you can find a vet to do it and can afford it, take them to the vet and get them neutered. Itll reduce (probably eliminate) their aggression to each other.
now you need to buy another cage and seperate the two the fighting will only continue if you do not seperate them.
if they continue to draw blood you will have to seperate them
You will need to separate them for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment