Friday, February 12, 2010

How is your rat or rats with strangers?

my rats never meet strangers. but i had to take my rat kenai to the vets today, there was a few people in reception and i was worried he would freak out. but the nurse on the front desk held him and he enjoyed that, and he was on the counter and he thoroughly enjoyed being stroked by these kids that came in. he even licked one of them.How is your rat or rats with strangers?
All 3 of my girls really enjoy meeting new people. Mallie just knows when she is around people that do not like rats. She will do anything she can to get to that person. She is relentless and will not give up until she has met them. She thinks she is a rat advocate, she has already changed at least 4 peoples minds about rats! Go Mallie!How is your rat or rats with strangers?
Hi!





My ratty, Jazz, doesn't really like new people unless they've visited him a few times.


It's not that he's unfriendly, he just isn't comfortable. He'll sniff them but he won't leave the comfort of my shoulder unless he's smelt them at least a few times over a few weeks, lol.


He finally went onto my other half today for a cuddle but panicked because I moved slightly away from him and wanted to come back to me immediately, bless :)


He goes to my Mum, though, because she gives him treats even though I tell her not to! Hehe :)
My blue male and my blue female are very friendly with strangers. They arent as comfortable with them as with me (obviously), but will sit quietly on their hands or shoulders until I pick them back up. My black and white male and female (funny how the colors worked out, because none of them are related) are much more skittish, and it takes extra time on my part to get them to be held. They dont bite or attempt to bite anyone though, so for that im thankful :-)
Pet rats are very good with other humans and children. Thats why they make good pets. The woman at the front desk obviously knew how to handle him, but the kids im not sure if you would of wanted them to pick him up. But for the future, they do like humans and they love to be handled if handled the right way!





Good luck and Hope this helped!
My rat is very good with meeting new people. I sometimes take her out on my shoulder, and the neighborhood kids love coming up and holding her. She's very good-natured about it and puts up with quite a bit!
thats great! my rat lacy loves people and even goes up to my cat! but my other rat peanut is very skiddish so if your rats ever get nervous or anything around people its ok. rats are very social and loving animals
My rat Otis LOVES people.


And my rat Aaden is a little shyer but warms up quickly.


Its just depends on their personality.
Mine are perfectly fine with everyone they've met.

No comments:

Post a Comment