Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why do my rats put their heads in my mouth?

both of my 2 rats will pry my mouth open or catch my when its open and stick their heads in my mouth! its like they are trying to groom the inside of my mouth! Its kinda gross! why do they do that?!Why do my rats put their heads in my mouth?
We call it rodentistry. Not all rats do it. My 3 young rats do it - I chalk it up to they were weaned from their mother too young. They are grooming you.Why do my rats put their heads in my mouth?
They may be going into your mouth because it's like a hidy-hole place for them. And it has your smell there so it's conforting to them. Still I don't see why they don't just crawl into your pockets or between your arms and body. I would train them not to by pulling them out immidiatly when they do (which you probably do) and giving them a treat every time they are with you and don't go into your mouth or when they look like they're gonna but then turn away.





That is kinda cute!


Girl who knows cool stuff
rats enjoy damp dark places (also holes in your walls) they have sensory organs that help them locate these places and sends electrical signals to their muscles and they do the command. Sorry but, they cant help it
sorry I had to laugh hysterically too! Thanks for that - I needed something after the day I've had. I kept hearing chirpy little rattling voice in my head going 'and now watch as I stick my head in the lion's mouth!'
BECAUSE IT THINK THAT SAVE PLACE
all I can do is...











LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment