Friday, February 12, 2010

I have just bought rats two days ago they are babies and they are very fast how do i make em a bit slower?

Hey yeh they do not bite ir anything they are lovely rats but they are very fast.


is it because they're not use to me or something they are boys.I have just bought rats two days ago they are babies and they are very fast how do i make em a bit slower?
you need to let them settle in to their new home, limit your contact with them for the first day or two while they get used to their new environment, don't grab at them or otherwise frighten them or they will run away and never come to trust you. Start by offering them food/treats from your hand, put your hand in to the cage slowly as not to startle them, then gradually start getting them come to you for food as they start to trust you they will happily let you handle them without running away. If you have plenty of time at home you could try the way I tamed mine, I put only very little food in the cage when I wasn't there and mostly hand fed them, within a few days of moving gradually further away from the cage they would climb out of the cage and run right across the room to me to get food from my hand, and willingly scramble up my arm when I extend it to them.I have just bought rats two days ago they are babies and they are very fast how do i make em a bit slower?
Are they females?i have a female rat and she is very jumpy!First reason is because she is a baby just like your rats.Second because the females are jumpier than males and will calm down once they get older,but will still be a little jumpy.And third because she is in a new home, i bet this is why your rats are jumpy too.


If they are males than all baby rats are jumpy.And switching environments from pet store to your house can make them a little frightened or jumpy.When rats get older they won't be jumpy any more. but females can stay a little jumpy.There is no way to stop a rat jumpiness, it stops it self when it is calm and is adjusted.


Hope I Helped! :D :D :D!


Hope this helped!
Rats are very fast by handling them often you will get them used to you. They will sit on your shoulder if you let them but they always will be quick movers,it's not just that they are boys.Are you sure you have two boys? If not then you may soon have a lot more,rats start to breed early.
Boys will be calmer then females usually. Babies are just kind of hyper. I use to train my babies by putting them in a loose pocket or just putting them up on my shoulders. They'll calm down as they get older.
they are probably still getting used to you. my male rats were like speedy gonzalis when i first started getting them out, i found it hard to keep an eye on them
just kelp handeling them there will soon gain your trust just a bit scared at the moment
POLL: Izzy VS. Buddy witch hammy is the cutest!!?? With pictures!


I randomly pick a best answer so VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment