Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Which make the best pets, mice or rats?

It would be interesting to breed them. Any surplus ones can be released in the kitchen of any resturant that has upset meWhich make the best pets, mice or rats?
Rats are much more intelligent creatures than mice and more affectionate toward their human companions. However, like responsible breeding in dog and cats, there is also responsible breeding with rodents.





Rat and mouse fanciers have a strict code of ethics for breeding and adhere to that very well. This includes not breeding pet store animals and obtaining stock from other responsible breeders and getting a mentor to start.





If you're interested in either, I would check the following websites:





www.ratsociety.org


www.niro-usa.org


www.ratster.com


www.thefunmouse.com


www.shadowbrookrats.comWhich make the best pets, mice or rats?
They are both nasty and i feed them to my reptiles. They stink as well mouse pee stinks.....
RATS R THE BEST........
We have 2 male rats. True that they only smell if you do not clean them out.. we let them out a few times a day and they like to run about all over the place. Ours curls up on my neck behind my hair and goes to sleep. Also the cats %26amp; dogs we have a frightened of them........strangely enough.
I believe most people prefer rats because they are larger and easier to handle. I would dump the idea of releasing them in kitchens of restaurants that have upset you. That is unethical. Some people do enjoy those restaurants and it's not fair to punish them because of the way you feel. It's best not to go back to the restaurant that upset you.
my rats are very sweet (when getting fed) lol and my mice are nasty but my mice are not so much a pet more food for my snake lol but rats are the best they can be evil but mine are mostly friendly
Mice!!!! Rats are evil!
I have fields out the back of me %26amp; am sick of them getting into my loft.They make a racket when im trying to sleep so I have bought a rat cage now when I catch one I have to troll up the fields to let them free.
rats r heaps better they very loving well mine is anyway and they very brainy
Cats are the best pets as they keep vermin like mice and rats away from peoples homes.
Rats are larger, smarter, and more playful (Heh, so maybe I'm a little biased.) than mice.


Please, don't breed them unless you know exactly what you're doing. There are too many people who breed their rats without much knowledge and then the babies have all kinds of terrible respiratory diseases. I'm not saying you're irresponsible or that you'd do a bad job of it, I'm just saying that breeding isn't a good idea unless you're very knowledgeable about the animals. Keep a rat or two for a few years, get to know them, learn as much as you can, and then think about breeding them.
Mice, I have two they are trained they do not pee and they take food from ur hand so i like them.


My favourites are dogs though!
I've had both mice and rats as pets. I think I preferred rats. They were larger so they were easier to handle. The smell with either is negligible providing you keep the cage clean.
yuk and yuk nasty
Rats are better, you can train them and because they grow big you can let them run out of their cage without the fear of never finding them again or having to use one of those really annoying plastic exercise balls. They can also be really affectionate, and i have heard them compared to dogs as far as pets go. Mice are a bit boring really but that's just my opinion.





They only stink if you don't clean them out properly as with all pets.
i think mice mke the best pets
Rats make good pets. You might want to think twice about breeding. I bought my nephew a rat for Christmas. It was a pregnant female. By the time we learned how fast rats bred, we had close to 500 rats. Luckily a man who had a thing for snakes found out and we got rid of the rats.
yuck,neither!!! get a cat!!
Rats.
Please do not breed them, as they are hard to sex when young, and it can get out of control faster than you imagine.





As for which is better as a pet, rats or mice....I'd say rats. They aren't as fragile, they're smarter, and in my opinion, they show more of a personality.
rats are more affectionate, mice dont really do much.
rats make amazing pets. they're very smart, much smarter than mice. but you have to let them run on you a lot. they have to get used to you. also, if not for breeding purposes, get two females. you have to get two, regardless of purpose, because they get very lonely. rats are the best. they are affectionate and give what i call 'rat kisses'.
i have heard that rats are better
Rats! Rats are very smart, actually. Most think, of them as nasty rodents, but they arent, if raised in an eviroment, from a pet shop to your home. Ive walked my cousins Rats on leashes, dressed them up, and let them sit on my shoulders, They love to play and listen to you. If you keep their cages clean, then you have no worries of smells. They do breed very good, and fast. Just whatchout or you may have a new batch of pups every Month!
rats my son had one and it was way smarter than a mouse or a hamster and it never bit anyone . anybody could pick him up and play with him we had him for like 11 yrs and one morning he must have passed in his sleep cause his eyes were closed . We miss our friend we had grown quite fond of him and he was dear to all of us and so smart and gentle to be a rodent.
Rats of course!


While mice are sweet little animals, and they are easier to care for, they just don't hold the same interest for me as rats do.





Your other thought does not dignify an answer.





spazrats


http://spazrats.tripod.com
Rats they are alot cleaner and they dont bite
rats live longer and have better moods :) so rat

No comments:

Post a Comment