Sunday, February 7, 2010

Can you breed feeder rats that are siblings and I know there is a blood diease that can kill a snake?

I am trying to find out if you can breed feeder rats with their siblings and not get the genetic disorder of a blood problem that could kill my snake I read a year or so ago about how there is a blood disorder that will kill your snake. I can't find that web site any more and I need to know because I have a male and female that are from the same mom and dad but different littersCan you breed feeder rats that are siblings and I know there is a blood diease that can kill a snake?
People do it all the time. I know people that do it. I have also never heard of this blood disease.Can you breed feeder rats that are siblings and I know there is a blood diease that can kill a snake?
Its BS i breed both reptiles and rodents for a living there is no blood disease if they r just for feeders itsway cool
I did it for a few years. Never bothered my snakes, but I noticed the rats seemed to get meaner. So, look out for bites.
I wouldn't suggest breeding siblings together as it usually results in either very small offspring or genetic mutations. I can not deny or verify the blood disorder thing but if you think you heard it, why take the chance? Rats are pretty cheap, feed off one of the ones you were gonna mate and purchase another of that rats same sex at a different location, chances are good that it would be a different blood line.


Good luck,


dale


Ps whether or not from different litters, if they have the same mom and dad then they are full siblings and are too close genetically to mate without potential problems.
no of course not they have the same dna. if you did that some of the babies could only have two legs or three eyes . they wouldnt be able to live that long!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment