Sunday, February 7, 2010

Petco and Petsmart... Is it good to buy rats there?

I am going to adopt 2 rats, and i have heard so many bad stories about petco and petsmart! please only answer this question if you have gotten a rodent from their, or if you know the answer to my question for sure. Please answer quickly!!!! Thank you sooo much! Help is appreciated!Petco and Petsmart... Is it good to buy rats there?
I would go to Petco for sure. I bought a hamster there a couple months ago, brought it home and everything was fine. However, in a couple days, I noticed a cut on the bottom of his foot and it was very infected making the foot very swollen. I called up Petco and asked if there was anything they could do about it (he was still under warranty there). They told me to bring him into the store so they could take a look at him. They ended up taking him back because he needed to be seen by the vet and they would call me with the details. Ended up, that he needed to be on medicine for a week because of his infected foot. They were very nice and told me I could come and visit him anytime (ended up going like three time, lol). About a week and a half later, they took him back to the vet for another check up and he was in full health, so they called me to tell me I could come and get him anytime. Overall, they paid for the two visits to the vet and for the medicine (which they had said was very expensive) and I got my hamster back with full health. I would strongly recommend Petco for this reason! I don't know if any other pet store would do this.Petco and Petsmart... Is it good to buy rats there?
Well, I have personally never got a rat there because the ones I looked at have been pretty wild. I got two of my rats from mall pet stores when they were babies and two from a private breeder. If you get a young rat from petco or petsmart I think it should be ok but you have to be prepared for a sorta crazy little baby! Give it lots of attention and hold it as much as possible and it still has potential to turn into a good rat.


Also, watch for health issues before you buy one, listen to their breathing make sure they aren't raspy or wheezing, Gunk around their eyes and nose isn't a good sign either.





GOOD LUCK!!


=]

No comments:

Post a Comment