Sunday, February 7, 2010

How are rats intelligent?

I'm thinking of getting a pet rat and I'm curious as to how rats manifest their intelligence. I've heard that they are smarter than dogs and cats but how do they show it? What behaviors do they have that deem them so smart?How are rats intelligent?
They're really smart. They can be trained, but also can manipulate their environment in very clever ways.





The rat I used to have had a cage with thin wire bars with a platform near the top. I put some bedding and cardboard in for her to make a bed and she carried it all up to the platform and managed to prop the card up against the bars. What she did after that was really amazing though. She tucked the edges of the cardboard around the bars so that it stayed up! I was amazed.





She also escaped frequently, outsmarting me often...

No comments:

Post a Comment