Friday, February 5, 2010

Will Ivermectin for Horses work for Rats?

I have a rat that has mites. I read on other Yahoo Answers to use Ivermectin, and to go to www.petmeds.com. But all the websites I look at have it only for horses! Is it okay to use the horse one? Where can I find some specifically for rats or small animals?Will Ivermectin for Horses work for Rats?
I don't advise it.





I know a few people who use it with confidence but they've also owned rats for years and have done alot of research. I also know some people in the rat community who are absolutely against it.Will Ivermectin for Horses work for Rats?
I think the best way to decide serious questions like these is to do research. Its hard to figure it out when you just ask people for their opinions. But since you have.....heres a good article about it. Scroll down a little for the mite part of it. Keep on reading. It addresses ivermectin.


http://www.ratfanclub.org/skin.html

No comments:

Post a Comment