Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How can I get over my fear of rats?

I also had a fear of rats. Stories from childhood and movies created a deep fear, so I Really hated them. When my daughter was a teen, she wanted a small pet. I encouraged her to get a hamster. It bit her, so we exchanged it. When we asked what the best small pet would be, he said a Rat! I thought, “Augh! Oh NO! Not That!”





He said they are very intelligent, loving, and won't bite the hand that feeds them. I gave in, but wanted Nothing to do with them! My daughter left for a couple of weeks, so I begrudgingly agreed to feed them. When I opened the cage, the ‘grandpa’ rat came running down excitedly. He trotted up to my hand, took my fingers into his tiny paws and gently, but excitedly opened my hand to uncover his treat. He grabbed his treasure and loped off. It was so adorable, I never felt repulsed or fearful again.





Years ago, my mother found a rat over my brother’s bed when he was a baby. She was very afraid of rats after that. When I became her caregiver, I had several rats of my own. She was nervous about them at first, but watching them play and there love for me changed her. One actually played with her dog! Imagine a rat and Chihuahua chasing each other excitedly around in circles, playing tag!





I often brought them in to play while she bathed. They would romp and tackle each other and reach up to see what she was doing. It was really nice to see her joyful smile, since she was in so much pain. she grew to really love my sweet babies. These little loving creatures actually brought us great joy during a very difficult and tragic period of our lives. They are like us, exhibiting many emotions like gratitude, loneliness, excitement, curiosity, love, devotion… Holding them frequently as babies makes them extremely loving. Mine were such a comfort to me and I honestly wonder how I could have suffered through without them.How can I get over my fear of rats?
Just know that it is very rare to see a rat in the first place. In the rare instance that you would see one, just know that you can run away from it until it goes away or call someone to remove it from your house for you. Just tell yourself thoughts that reassure you in the event it would happen or have a plan of how you would deal with it if it really did happen.How can I get over my fear of rats?
why do you need to get over it? i hate the little buggers, but it doesn't run my life. if you want to get over it, go to a pet store and hold one. take it a little at a time.





unless this fear makes you not leave your house/apartment, I'd just go on with your life.
Have someone tie your hands behind your back and then hang you upside down. Next, someone places a live rat in a cloth bag and ties it over your head.





That's how Chuck Norris got over his fear.





Hypnotism is also supposed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment