Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What can i use for my rats as bedding?

I used a towel for my rats, not even thinking...and one of them caught their nail in one of the ringlets that make up the towel...D=[I'm mad at myself] What can I use for bedding? I guess a blanket?What can i use for my rats as bedding?
Wood shavings. But NOT cedar or pine. You can try aspen.What can i use for my rats as bedding?
Use wood shavings or shredded paper. Or cut their wee claws.
they would get caught in a blanket as well..





Use something NONE clothing related.. Either use SHREDDED news paper, or cedar shavings.. I prefer cedar shavings as it leaves them with a nice clean smell but I would follow it up with a close second with shredded newspaper, because its cheap and all :)
Shredded up egg cartons (obviously not the styrofoam, the other cardboard like ones) or shredded paper even.
I would go to the store and get like bunny bedding...
You can use towels and such as bedding, but stay away from everything with large loops (like the towel you just used). They can get their claws caught and pulled out even. Something like fleece, or anything made from smooth material, works fine.





Pine and cedar ar both toxic and will kill the rats. The only safe wood is aspen. You can also use organic cat litter made of paper (forgot the name)
A local pet store or like Petco/ Petsmart have Care Fresh Pet Bedding.


It's what i use with my hamster and keeps the odor away!


it also comes in fun colors, too!





Just dont use cedar or pine





http://www.qualitycage.com/pics/carefres鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment