Sunday, February 7, 2010

Do male rats always spray urine everywhere when ur just holding or them bringing them somewhere in ur pocket ?

Well im buying a rat from a breeder i dont know if i should get male or female but im not sure if males spray urine all the time or mark there territory all the time plz help!Do male rats always spray urine everywhere when ur just holding or them bringing them somewhere in ur pocket ?
Hey there,


Males do tend to dribble a little, but they don't always. Baby rats sometimes poo on you from nervousness when you first get them, but that stops as they get more used to you.





But even the dribbling happens with females as well, and honestly it's not too bad to deal with.





Male rats are wonderful pets. I love my boys to death. I always have at least one of them on my shoulder (right now in fact) and they don't leave pee on my shoulder.





Don't forget to get two ratties rather than one! They need companionship.





Also, the breeder probably has a good idea of which ones at his/her rattery will be more apt to piddle. Good for you for going to a breeder! I'm sure they'll be a great resource for you and your new pets.Do male rats always spray urine everywhere when ur just holding or them bringing them somewhere in ur pocket ?
Feel free to email or IM me any time :)

Report Abuse



I have two male pet rats. They rarely ever pee on me, and I hold them quite a lot. The males are funner to me. They play around a lot more than any female rats I've ever had.


If you're getting one rat, you need to get two. It's not a suggestion, it's a necessity. Rats are happier in pairs.
I have 5 boys and they have a tendency to ';mark'; things. They release a little urine but since they drink so much water it's not urine per se. It's more like a water trail and doesn't smell. I've noticed that the older they've gotten and the more we've handled them, they do it less and less.





I prefer my boys over the fems anyday. They are more social, loving, interactive and gentle than the 2 girls we have. I have never been marked by the girls because they aren't quite as territorial.





And even if they do spot us, I wipe what little bit it is off. It's not that big a deal.
I have 4 male rats and they never pee or mark their territory on me. They do however mark everything in their cages but not the humans that handle them.
  • What are the pros and cons of hosting the Olympics in a city
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment