Friday, February 5, 2010

Do rats stop eating when they're full?

I am getting rats and I was planning on always keeping rat food in their cage. Should I refill it constantly or only a specific amount per day?Do rats stop eating when they're full?
I would only feed a specific amount per day. Rats tend to eat a lot and can easily become overweight.


I know this for a fact because my rats never turn down any food. I don't know how they do it. I'm sure they get full eventually, but the thing is that they will eat much more than they actually need.


What I do is feed them fresh food for breakfast (usually whole-wheat bread, yogurt or apple sauce, some kind of vegetable or fruit and whatever else I have that they would enjoy and is healthy for them) and their mix (Sue Bee's Rat Diet) for dinner. This seems to work well.


Good luck with your rats!Do rats stop eating when they're full?
I have raised rats and mice and unfortunately also wild rats because I raise chickens and they get into the chicken food.


I think rats are just like people. Some of them eat till they are full but others just love to eat and eat and eat until they get fat.


I recommend you offer them raw greens and clean pure water along with some grains every day. BUT NO CABBAGE as that can give them colic and kill them. I would give as much as they can eat until they are about six weeks old then I'd give them according to their size and appetite. Two or three hand fulls for a large adult rat is about right.
As long as your rat鈥檚 get plenty of exercise they should be OK. Keep their cage full of fun things to run around in like, wheels %26amp; tunnels. Also don鈥檛 forget the more they do eat the more waste they鈥檙e going to make so remember to keep the cage clean %26amp; fresh, specially where they sleep.
No, they eat until they die
i think so
  • What are the pros and cons of hosting the Olympics in a city
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment